RML unveils 'OCC', the tallest grade A+ luxury office building in Thailand Garnering overwhelming response office-retail space occupancy rate and customer interest of 70%, targeting full occupancy in 2024
RML (Raimon Land Public Company Limited), a leading luxury and ultra-luxury real estate developer, unveils the first look sneak peak of 'OCC (One City Centre)', the tallest grade A+ luxury office building in Thailand with a total of 61 storeys standing 275.76 meters worth 8,800 million baht, jointly developed with Mitsubishi Estate, global real estate giant from Japan. Designed under the concept of 'REIMAGINE YOUR WORLD', OCC is slated to be an ultimate happy workplace and world-class lifestyle destination. Strategically located right next to the BTS Ploenchit station with a sky bridge directly connecting to the building, along with a green space of more than 5,000 square meters transformed into a new public park in the city center, and a Sky Bar on the top floor of the building overlooking breathtaking panoramic view of Bangkok, the recently unofficially opened OCC has now become a popular check-in spot of urbanists in Ploenchit district. The building has achieved office and retail space occupancy rate as well as customer interest of approximately 70%, and is expected that, after the completion of the BTS sky bridge, tenancy will be full by early 2024.
Korn Narongdej, Chief Executive Officer of RML, said that “The office building market in Bangkok in 2023 is expected to see a constant positive prospects. According to CBRE, in the first quarter of the year, a total of 9.38 million square meters of office space is available for rent in Bangkok, divided into 400,000 square meters of grade A+ office buildings in CBD and 900,000 square meters of grade A office buildings in CBD, and 520,000 square meters of grade A office buildings in non-CBD locations. While the supply of rental space in grade A+ office buildings is quite minimal, the demand, on a contrary, continues to increase. Given this, RML sees the opportunity to launch OCC, a grade A+ luxury office building, which is set to be officially unveiled to the public on 1 July 2023, which is just the right time to capture current market demand.”
“Developed under the concept of 'REIMAGINE YOUR WORLD', OCC will be a quintessential landmark, a central hub for both business and lifestyle in the heart of Ploenchit that vitalizes the pulse of modern urbanites by giving them an enjoyable working life in tandem with everyday lifestyle moments. Given the project concept that covers every aspect of city dweller’s daily needs, OCC, which is now available at an average rental rate of approximately 1,500 baht per square meter, has received an overwhelming tenancy response. Currently, the occupancy rate for office space and retail space and as well as interest from tenants account for 70%, of which 80% are world-renowned companies and 20% are famous Thai firms. Some disclosable leading companies that have signed the lease agreement are Mitsubishi Estate, Mitsubishi Heavy, Mitsubishi Power, Marubeni, JustCo, CBRE, Amadeus, Cortina Watch, and Kokuyo. Famous retail establishments that are ready to open in the second quarter are such as DEAN & DELUCA, a famous café chain from the US; Au Bon Pain, a leading US bakery-café chain; %Arabica, a very famous café chain from Japan; Ksana, an exquisite matcha green tea cafe from Japan; BLK.BOBA, a popular organic pearl tea café; Focaficial, a premium bakery brand from Italy; and Lawson, a leading convenience store chain from the US.
In the fourth quarter, we plan to open a Sky Bar on the 61st floor and a restaurant on the 58th floor, both coming with a never-before-seem innovative dining concept, as well as a food court operated by Kinnie Food, bringing together a wide range of famous eateries and restaurants on offer at an affordable price. We are confident that after the completion of the BTS sky bridge, OCC will be fully occupied in early 2024, and once the building is fully operated, RML will see an increase of recurring income by 15-25% within for the next 3-5 years, bringing a constant financial growth to the company in the long-term future.”
The OCC is conceived from a unique design by world renowned design and consulting firm Skidmore, Owings & Merrill (Thailand) Co., Ltd. (SOM Thailand), the mastermind behind the creation of several tallest skyscrapers around the world like Burj Khalifa in Dubai and One World Trade Center in New York City, working with a multidisciplinary team of local designers and engineers, including Design 103 International Ltd., and Tandem Architects (2001), as well as Shma Co., Ltd. as landscape consultant; DWP (Thailand) as interior consultant; and Aurecon Consulting (Thailand) as M&E consultant. The concept of 'REIMAGINE YOUR WORLD' is turned into reality through redefining the building occupant experience across all perspectives, as follows:
- Reimagined Journey In and Out – Journey in and out of OCC is easy and convenient - only a two-minute walk from Ploenchit BTS station, the Chalerm Maha Nakhon Expressway is just 200 metres away, and at a close proximity to MRT Asoke as well as easy commute to the airport. The location is surrounded by embassies and premium lifestyle amenities including luxury shopping malls, hotels and restaurants, as well as public park, leading educational institutions and hospitals.
- Reimagined Daily Work Rhythm - OCC is designed to nurture working people’s lives, delighting their working moments with advanced smart building technologies including a occupant experience application for building entry and exit, offering tenants convenient touchless experience for lift access, automatic license plate recognition systems, parking payment system, and ample parking space for 837 cars, comprising 400 in automated parking lots and 437 in conventional parking lots.
- Reimagined Office Space Possibilities – OCC is designed to with a full range of functions for modern working requirements and wellbeing of tenants in mind:
- Column free space that allows tenants to custom design their office layouts according to their requirements.
- Panoramic city views office floor with 3 meters full height clear vision.
- Triple insulated glazing windows for solar heat gain moderation and noise reduction.
- Amenities floor with co-working space offer gives tenants spare meeting rooms.
- Multi-floor tenancy with knock-out panel option with multi-floor M&E connection
- High-performance air filter, MERVE14, with PM 2.5 filtration
- Reimagined Retail and Food Selection - Apart from being the finest office building with modern amenities, OCC will bring an ultimate lifestyle destination experience to Bangkok dwellers and international travelers to unwind, meet with friends, and even hold a business dining with a unique selection of cafés, bars and restaurants, as well as exquisite dining venues on the 58th and 61st floors of the building, with splendid bars and restaurants offering a 360-degree panoramic view of Bangkok’s cityscape amidst Ploenchit intersection.
- Reimagined Daily Green Intake – With a green space of over 5,000 square metres inside and outside the building, OCC is slated to bring lush green, cool, refreshing, and relaxing ambience to Bangkok urbanism.
For more details on office and retail rental, contact CBRE at tel. 02-255-5555 or visit www.onecitycentrebangkok.com.