Reimagine Your World at OCC (One City Centre), the tallest office building in Thailand in super-prime location of Ploenchit
OCC (One City Centre), a new Grade A luxury office development by RML (Raimon Land), a leading luxury and ultra-luxury real estate developer, and Mitsubishi Estate, Japan’s most prominent and prestigious property developer, has been conceived to be the best in-vogue modern office tower in the heart of Ploenchit with quintessential elements conducive to a productive working environment and thriving lifestyle moments. Designed to nurture an entrepreneurial spirit, stimulate the mind and help develop leadership qualities, OCC provides a haven of self-fulfillment both in the workplace and outside it.
“We have aspired to build a new architectural marvel in Bangkok,” said Korn Narongdej, Chief Executive Officer of RML. “OCC is slated to become a new landmark destination of Asia for top-level multinational and local companies as well as visiting locals and international travelers. The development of the project brings together several leading global and local design companies on master-planning, architecture, interior design, and landscaping under the concept of ‘REIMAGINE YOUR WORLD’ to create one of the finest mixed-use building that encompasses luxury office spaces and ultimate lifestyle destination.
“While our tenants will be inspired and engaged in state-of-the art workplaces with modern amenities, all urbanites and visitors will enjoy new elated city living experience from a long stretch of green space at the front of the building filled with permanent art installations, a variety of retail establishments for fun shopping sprees as well as a unique selection of cafés, bars and restaurants to unwind, meet with friends, and even hold a business dining,” added Korn.
OCC will stand tall as an architectural masterpiece on Ploenchit Road, Bangkok’s most highly sought-after CBD location. The design consultant for building design concept was world-renowned design firm Skidmore, Owings & Merrill (Thailand) Co., Ltd. (SOM), worked with a multidisciplinary team of local architect, such as Design 103 International Ltd., and Tandem Architects (2001), Thailand’s leading architectural design companies; as well as Shma Co., Ltd. as landscape consultant; DWP (Thailand) as interior consultant; and Aurecon Consulting (Thailand) as M&E consultant. The purpose is to create a contemporary workplace in the heart of Bangkok, with the types of amenities - from vast greenspaces to retail - that working people have come to expect at a premier office address. The greenspace throughout ground level is weaved into its surroundings by providing the city with a new public park. The architectural design of OCC takes inspiration from Thai art and culture, with the diagonal fins across the facade reminiscent of traditional Thai silk weaving, and they beguilingly serve a second purpose by functioning as shades to regulate solar heat.
In turning ideas into reality Noppadon Tanpiwat, Chief Executive Officer of Design 103 International Limited (D103i), Thailand’s leading design company, described that “OCC is envisioned as a smart living ecosystem with advanced building technology that enhances building system performance, maximizes energy efficiency and facilitates sustainability-driven goals. The building will reimagine the future of the workplace as an incubator for more convenient and flexible collaboration; a state-of-the-art environment for all generations of workers striving for a more refined work-life balance.”
This is how OCC Reimagine Your World:
Reimagined Daily Work Rhythm - Office space at OCC is deliberately designed to nurture working people’s lives, delighting their working moments with innovative setting.
Reimagined Daily Green Intake - Based on the goal to ‘Bring the forest back to Bangkok Urbanism’, OCC is the greenest urban hub with over 5,000-square-metre green area in Ploenchit area. A diverse ecosystem has been created for the project.
Reimagined Office Space Possibilities - OCC’s long span structure with no column allows tenants to custom design their office layouts according to their requirements, and to create their best possible designed office for today and future growth.
Reimagined Retail and Food Selection - OCC will come with new concept of retail space, and a unique selection of cafés, bar and restaurants, as well as one of a kind rooftop restaurant and bar that will sure be the talk of the town and one of the best in Asia.
Reimagined Journey In and Out - Finally, journey in and out of OCC is easy and convenient with direct connectivity to public transportation, redesigned traffic circulation that better directs the flow of vehicles, as well as a bike room for cyclist commuters and EV chargers.
Here are 10 insights that describe more on how OCC has reimagined your world of contemporary office spaces and ultimate lifestyle destination:
- A Whole New Skyline - Bangkok's tallest office building at 275.76 meters tall. OCC will become an iconic Iandmark on the city's skyline and house one of the extravaganza rooftop public spaces in the city, commanding exceptional views of Bangkok's cityscape.
- Game-changing Design - The building features a sleek core in the west and glass-walled office spaces in the east. The tower is defined by the intersection of these two distinct features. Green spaces are designed to create an atrium, balconies, and gardens throughout the building.
- Sustainability + Wellness - Starting at the street level, all that extensive green spaces will cool public areas while creating new amenities for tenants and the city. Inside the tower, tall ceilings and plenty of natural daylight, combined with enticing panoramic cityscapes, reduce energy use and create a comfortable working environment. Advanced mechanical, electrical and plumbing (MEP) systems will maintain fresh and highly filtered air.
- Data-driven Design and Construction - The development of OCC leverages the most transformative digitization technology like Building Information Modeling (BIM) by using building data to make the design, construction, and operation more efficient, thus making them more cost-effective, sustainable, faster, and safer.
- Best-in-class Office Solutions - Workspaces at OCC are purposely designed to be flexible and adaptable with the ability to morph over time to accommodate different and changing working requirements. Balconies on 14th and 61st floor will offer places and green spaces for relaxation and communal gatherings. High-performance air filter, MERV14, keeps indoor air clean and fresh.
- Smart Tenant Experience - Smart technologies are integrated as part of creating an exceptional tenant experience, which include a mobile application, face recognition and automatic license plate recognition systems offering tenants convenient touchless experience with a contactless journey through parking, lift access and office tower entry as well as reservation of facilities and restaurants.
- International Awards and Certifications - OCC has been awarded "Office Development of the Year" at the Real Estate Asia Awards 2021 and is also the first office building in Thailand to receive the two-star Fitwel Rating by the Center for Active Design (CfAD) in the Multi-Tenant Building category for outstanding management quality and superior user wellbeing. It is on track to achieve LEED Gold certification for sustainable building design, construction and operation.
- Ultimate Rooftop Destination - On the 58th and 61st floors of the building are exquisite dining venues, with splendid bars and restaurants offering a 360-degree panoramic view of Bangkok’s cityscape and an unobstructed scene of the Chao Phraya River’s spectacular curve, not to mention their top of the class interior design and decoration, which will certainly become one of the most popular destinations for Thai and international food lovers.
- Intertwined with Community - The site is originally a part of a historical greenspace of the city, most of which is preserved by pushing the building to the back of the site, maximizing the amount of open spaces facing the street, and transforming that whole outdoor area into a linear park for public.
- Super-Prime location - Located on a six-rai plot opposite to Central Embassy, the development is only a two-minute walk from Ploenchit BTS station and has direct access to the station via a skybridge link. For those travelling by car, the Ploenchit ramp to the expressway is just 200 metres away.